Starting this month, the American Culinary Federation is launching a new educational webinar series in partnership with Nepris. Each quarter, there will be a new webinar focusing on a different aspect of the culinary industry. These sessions will feature panelists representing a wide range of culinary career paths and varying levels of experience. Students will be able to ask questions and gain insight into the culinary world.
The first session on February 11 will be a Culinary Career Panel. The panelists will discuss their unique career paths and explain the different career options in the industry, along with the skills that are needed to be successful. The goal is for high school students, whether they are in a culinary program or not, to get a better idea of how the culinary industry is changing and how they can prepare themselves to enter one of these careers in the future.
- Emila Tomaszycki, CPC, Pastry Chef at the Ritz-Carlton Resort in Naples, Florida.
- Hari Pulapaka, CEC, Chef/Owner Cress Restaurant and Math Professor at Stetson University in Deland, Florida.
- Eric Eisenberg, CEC, CCA, CDM, CFPP, Director of Dining Services at Rogue Valley Manor in Medford, Oregon.
- Ashten Garrett, Culinary Supervisor at Marriott Downtown at Key Tower in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Jacqui Pressinger, Director of Strategic Partnerships at the ACF national office.
- Michelle Whitfield, CFC, Senior Manager of Culinary Programs at the ACF national office.
The Culinary Career Panel will be held on Tuesday February 11, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern. Click here to register.
Anyone who is interested in participating as a panelist in a future webinar is encouraged to send their resume to email@example.com. Stay tuned for updates about what our next webinars will focus on.