Happy International Women’s Day! It’s the perfect day to announce something we’re very excited about. On August 8, 2019, during ACF National Convention: Orlando, the ACF will host a four-hour symposium, “United in Food: Women Leaders Of Today and Tomorrow.” The day will include panel discussions and keynote presentations with some of the leading female voices in the culinary industry.
On the docket are keynote addresses and panel discussions, including:
- Spotlight Speaker
Elle Simone Scott
Women Leaders Panel, SheChef Inc.
America’s Test Kitchen
- The Value of Mentorship
Managing director of the LEE Initiative
- Actionable Next Steps Panel
- Clips of the film “A Fine Line” will accompany related discussion led by the film’s director and producer, Joanna James of Zoel Productions and the MAPP Campaign. “A Fine Line” explores why only six percent of head chefs and restaurant owners are women, when traditionally women have always held the central role in the kitchen.
In addition to the Symposium, women in culinary leadership will be a big part of ACF National Convention 2019.
- Chef Gale Gand — our 2019 AAC Celebrated Chef — will present the Convention’s opening keynote address, Lessons I’ve Learned and my New Favorite Recipe, on August 4.
- Amy Emberling gives a talk on August 5 on Celebrating Foods from Around the World With Respect and Appreciation.
- Vegan chef Nina Curtis leads an all women Plant-Forward Mega-Trend Panel on August 7 with Fran Costigan, Francis Gonzales and more.
- Les Dames d’Escoffier presents a Food Trends Panel hosted by Sharon Olson on August 7.