The best chefs in the nation were awarded the highest honors by the American Culinary Federation (ACF) at the 2023 ACF National Convention in New Orleans, Louisiana, on Wednesday, July 19.
The honor of an ACF award proves skill, knowledge and professionalism in the culinary industry and furthers recognition for an individual as a qualified chef. These awards represent the highest honors ACF can bestow.
Nine awards were presented to individual competitors, student teams, educators, and chapters during the President’s Gala, the capstone evening of the event. High resolution photographs of winners are available upon request.
- USA’s Chef of the Year Winner – Tony Le, CEC
- Pastry Chef of the Year – Rebecca Freeman, CEPC
- Chef Educator of the Year – Michael J. Stamets, CEC
- Dr. L.J. Minor Chef Professionalism Award – Fernando Mojica, CEC
- Student Chef of the Year – Caitlin R. Drzyzga
- Student Pastry Chef of the Year – Kambree C. Thomas
- Student Team Competition Winners – Culinary Institute of New York at Monroe College
- Hermann G. Rusch Chef’s Achievement Award – John R. DiSessa, CEC, AAC
- L. Edwin Brown Leadership Award – Kent L. Andersen, CEC, CCA, AAC
- Chapter of the Year Award Winner – ACF Atlanta Chefs Association
- Knowledge Bowl Winner – Guilford Technical Community College