Stay ahead of recalls and potential foodborne illness outbreaks by signing up for news alerts put forth hours or even days ahead of suppliers, or by searching through current recall listings.
- Federal Food Safety Information: the gateway to all recent recalls from the FDA and USDA: http://www.foodsafety.gov.
- FDA website: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ (search through current recalls, market withdrawls and safety alerts)
- Sign up for the FDA’s consumer news here and FSMA news alerts here
- Follow FDA recall alerts on Twitter https://twitter.com/FDArecalls
- Sign-up for USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service email subscription here (enter email to receive alerts)
And learn more about food safety and preventive measures chefs use in large foodservice operations in the fall issue of Sizzle magazine: “The Safety of Food.”