What a week it’s been! We wrapped up ACF National Convention: Orlando 2019 last night with our President’s gala. We’ve got details and pics from Thursday’s amazing and inspirational educational lineup below.
Psst: If this is all giving you serious #FOMO, you can register right now for our 2020 events in Nashville, Seattle and Dallas — at the best price ever. PLUS, register for any 2020 conference by August 30 and you’ll receive a free VIP upgrade ($129 value) to that event!
Be sure to check out photos and videos on our Instagram story and feed, live videos of main stage speakers and competitions on Facebook and thought-provoking quotes from our presenters on Twitter. Soon, we’ll even have professional photos from the whole event on the ACF Flickr account.
And if you still need more, you can watch full-length videos of our presenters like Marco Pierre White, Duff Goldman and Gale Gand recorded live at Convention on Conference On-Demand (and earn CEHs towards your certification!).
- Duff Goldman, “The Ace of Cakes,” shared his grandmother’s apple strudel recipe in a heartfelt and hilarious demonstration steeped in family tradition.
- Attendees joined beekeeper and chef Jimmy Wessman at the Whisper Creek Farm at The Ritz-Carlton, Orlando, Grande Lakes, and discover the benefits of beekeeping for chefs beyond harvesting affordable, local honey.
- Costa Magoulas of Daytona State College took attendees on an in depth tour of the college’s state of the art Commercial Beer Brewing System and Brew Pub classroom.
- Our inaugural women’s symposium, United in Food: Leaders of Today and Tomorrow, was a day of learning, inspiration and challenging thought in partnership with James Beard Foundation Impact, WCR, SheChef and FairKitchens.
- North Country Smokehouse sponsored our brunch & learn on Mental Wellness in the Hospitality Industry with FairKitchens.
- Clips of the film “A Fine Line” Nora Poggi will accompany related discussion led by the film’s director and producer, Joanna James of Zoel Productions and the MAPP Campaign. “A Fine Line” explores why only six percent of head chefs and restaurant owners are women, when traditionally women have always held the central role in the kitchen.
- Elle Simone Scott of SheChef spoke on “How to be a Multi-tiered Leader in an Ever Changing Kitchen Culture.”
- Panels including “Leadership,” “The Value of Mentorship” and “Actionable Next Steps: How to Come Together” featured conversations with industry leaders such as Leah Sarris, Nikkia Rhodes, Stafford DeCambra, Tracy Lorenz, Heidi Cramb, Susanne Ebacher-Grier, Jeff Bacon and many more.
- Jennifer Hill Booker closed the symposium with a session on “Being Your Best Self: Blazing Your Culinary Trail.”
- Rocky Dunnam talked with attendees on how a culinary culture touches healthcare through its food and dining options in a presentation presented by ANFP.
- Our President’s Gala was decked out for “White Hot Havana Nights,” with attendees dressed to impress in their best Cuban flair. Photos of the national competition winners are above; a post with further information on all the competition and award winners is coming soon.
Click here to see all of our coverage on ACF National Convention: Orlando.
[blog_subscription_form title=”Subscribe to We Are Chefs via email”]